And it worked in my laptop: copied from
To enable the viewing of Hidden files follow these steps. Please note a guide with images that shows the same steps can be found here:
- Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
- Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
- Click on the Control Panel menu option.
- When the control panel opens you change it so you are using Categoryview.
- Click on the Appearance and Personalization link .
- Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Go to step 5.
- Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Press the Apply button and then the OK button..
- Now Windows 7 is configured to show all hidden files.
Please note that you will now see icons that were not previously visible. One of the most common concerns is that you will see a file called desktop.ini throughout your computer. These are legitimate hidden files and can be ignored.